Call us! 713-357-9565
Location: Houston, TX
Post Date: August 8
Employment Type: FA Direct Hire
Reference Code: #5517
REPORTS TO: VP, Controller
Responsible for full cycle accounts payable (AP) department including management and oversight of all domestic and international AP disbursements, maintaining and developing vendor relations, safeguarding company accounts payable records, and processing both electronic and check disbursements for high volume of company invoices.
ESSENTIAL TASKS & DUTIES:
• Manage end-to-end operations of all tasks related to accounts payable organization including customer vendor relations, 1099 and tax-related matters and all AP disbursements
• Ensure timeliness and accuracy of monthly closing of AP subledger
• Responsible for the timely and accurate completion of all AP general ledger accounts while addressing and resolving reconciling and aged items on a timely basis
• Drive process re-engineering in the upstream and downstream processes as it integrates with Accounts Payable.
• Redesign accounts payable processes, roles and responsibilities, as necessary, to increase effectiveness, accuracy and timeliness of the organization disbursements.
• Liaise with other organization stakeholders across various departments, as well as legal team, in course of performing assigned duties.
• Coordinate and assist with external audits in the annual review of the company’s financial records
• Primary subject matter expert for AP in the evaluation, assessment and potential implementation and maintenance of all current and new ERP systems, procedures, and policies
• Provide accounting assistance to managers and operations staff; respond to financial questions and/or concerns to meet organizational objectives
• Fulfill ad hoc reporting requests and perform special projects and analysis as needed
• Development and periodic reporting of key individual and departmental metrics that address the effectiveness and efficiency of the accounts payable disbursement process
• Evaluates and makes appropriate improvements to internal accounts payable processes ensuring that practices are in line with the overall goals of the organization
• Assist the Controller and finance leadership with various projects and improvement initiatives
• Verifies approval and appropriate coding on administrative invoices
• Verifies tax rates on invoices and makes adjustments as necessary
• Researches invoice issues and statements
Education & Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
• Minimum eight (8) years of relevant experience
Knowledge & Skills:
• Excellent and effective communication skills (verbal & written).
• Proficient using Microsoft Office with expert level skills in Excel.
• Well organized, detail-oriented, resourceful, with excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Strong business acumen and professionalism; demonstrates a customer first attitude
• Fosters positive work relationships and is a solid team player
• Strong leadership skills, able to effectively lead and manage a team
• Able to complete projects in a timely manner and get results
• Supports the strategic and operational direction of the business.
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with fluctuating priorities and deadlines
Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org