- Location: Houston, TX 77002 - United States
- Job #: 10056
- Job Type: FA Direct Hire
* Company is growing and has a huge advantage over competitors in it's space
* Excellent benefits and compensation package including equity
* Bonuses paid out above target even in COVID year and the great recession 1.75x and 1.45x in the last 2 years
* Highly visible to all areas of the company. All areas of company interact with this team for analysis of gas markets and planning purpuses
* Our last 2 placements in this group were promoted within 2 years
* Employees always cite teamwork as being tremendous here. People always partnering on different projects and work groups.
* Lots of variety – new things to work on all the time. This role will work closely with traders and operations, assisting in the analysis of complex contracts for proper valuation and treatment, as well as analysis of gas markets around the world.
* We've known the Director of this team for over 15 years. Excellent leader and mentor.
* Review/Analyze complex hedging/derivative/spot contracts for potential risks and appropriate accounting treatments
* Review GL entries for correct classification
* Assist with forecast preparation
* Prepare management reports related to trading positions and hedging activity
* Provide information to the SEC reporting team for drafting footnotes
* 3+ years of applicable accounting experience, including public accounting and/or a financial reporting role of a public company, preferably with experience in the energy commoditie