- Location: Houston, TX 77002 - United States
- Job #: 10160
- Job Type: FA Direct Hire
Upstream E&P REVENUE ACCOUNTANT
* One of the largest, privately held exploration & production companies in the United States…Fortune 100 Company, with workforce of nearly 3.000 professionals
* Innovative company, always looking for better ways to do things
* Excellent company that gives back to the community
* Values employees and in the last 10 years bonus has averaged out to be 30% and everyone gets 4 weeks of vacation
* Assets in North Slope of Alaska, the Rocky Mountains of Wyoming, along the Rio Grande in Texas
Records oil and gas sales; performs sales variance analysis; and reconciles balance sheet accounts.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Prepares and records oil and gas revenue, royalties, deducts and taxes for complex assigned fields timely and with accuracy on a monthly basis with limited supervision
- Maintains master data set ups and trouble shoots error messages in ERP system with assistance as needed
- Reviews cash application by assigned properties on a monthly basis
- Reconciles and resolves outstanding account receivable and payable general ledger balances for assigned properties on a monthly basis
- Prepares sales variance analysis and explains major sales fluctuations for assigned properties on a monthly basis through exhibiting an understanding of the impact of volumetric and value calculations on financial statements and be able to explain variances to non-accounting staff
- Understands gas plant/midstream statements, including fees and adjustments and their proper booking as they agree to the marketing contract
- Understands the revenue recognition regulations
- Delivers results and reports on a broad range of assignments that require research and analysis.
- Establishes and maintain effective working relationships with team members and leadership of other departments, officials and the public
- Proactively identifies and solves moderately complex problems accurately and presents solutions to many situations while exhibiting exceptional proficiency in data management, including spreadsheet proficiency with little assistance or guidance.
- Able to develop a fundamental understanding of their accounting workflow for assigned area of responsibility
- Ensures proper internal controls are in place to check accuracy of work product
- Able to complete ad-hoc requests and special assignments in addition to routine tasks
Other Job Responsibilities:
- Able to facilitate and lead meetings effectively
- Provides trainings and guidance to junior staff on routine tasks
- Adheres to the company’s values – integrity, ownership, urgency, alignment, and innovation.
- Supports company’s vision and mission
- Maintains employee confidence and protects company assets, including intellectual property, by keeping information confidential.
- Adheres to established work schedule, attendance standards and is punctual to work and meetings
- Demonstrates willingness and ability to complete special projects
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results
- Other duties as assigned by management
- Five (5) years minimum experience in oil and gas revenue accounting.
- Ability to complete multiple, diverse tasks of differing priorities.
- Very familiar with integration between division orders, marketing, production accounting, compliance and transportation and POP fees.
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of the interdependences between accounting departments and basics of the business/industry.
- Ability to document new desk procedures
- Ability to identify and implement controls for areas of responsibility to ensure accuracy of work
- Outstanding administrative and organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with specific ability to translate complex operational information into an organized and presentable manner.
- Proficient in the use and application of the following software:
- Required: Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and Outlook), SAP PRA Accounting software experience. Working knowledge of Enertia preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited four-year university or college with a degree in accounting or relevant experience.