Tax Accountant I
- Location: Houston, TX 77019 - United States
- Job #: 10399
- Job Type: FA Direct Hire
- Large enterprise environment. Stable company (no layoffs during pandemic).
- Solid team, not a lot of turnover. Director started 12 yrs ago as a Senior Tax Accountant.
- Hybrid role- VERY flexible. no designated days in office just need to be at least 2 days a week in office. Every other week 3 days in office.
- Flexible work hours.
- Opportunities to learn other tax areas on your team and see different aspects of the returns.
- Very competitive benefits including 2 weeks baby bonding for Dads & paid maternity leave.
- Paid parking.
- 401K matching year 1 is up to 4% then increases depending on tenure. 11 yrs match is 6%.
- Great culture- become a member of different communities within the company that host events. There are 7 or 8 different communities you can become members of; meet people from all over the country.
Note from Tax Accountant who has with company 1.5 yrs:
“This company has been a blessing to me, I love working for the tax department. Everyone here is always willing to answer any question you have, door are completely open and accessible to Manager, Directors, and AVP! Great atmosphere here! And they have a hybrid schedule! W/L balance is a key part in this company!”
Responsible for assisting management in the preparation and filing of U.S. income tax returns. Also responsible for assisting with estimated/extension payments, tax notices and audits, and working on the quarterly/annual international tax provision, including the calculation of book to tax differences, conducting tax account reconciliations, and responding to various requests.
- Possess a basic knowledge of federal tax laws and regulations, accounting and related application of such
- Assist in the preparation of federal and state income tax returns
- Assist in the preparation of federal M-1 calculations, federal provision queries, and federal research as needed
- Gather, organize, calculate and correctly utilize data from multiple general ledger and accounting systems
- Assist with special projects and support tax planning
- Assist with tax research
Education and Experience:
- Minimum of 1-3 years of federal tax experience
- ASC 740
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- CPA certification preferred