Analyst, Reporting & Position Control
- Location: Houston, TX
- Job #: 9728
- Job Type: FA Direct Hire
- Category: Energy Accounting
The Analyst, Reporting & Position Control position is responsible for supporting the monitoring and reporting of all physical and paper commodity trades using the commercial department's deal capture, position reporting and risk management systems. The position serves as a resource to the position control and risk analysis functions, solving problems, and working special projects.
Responsibilities May Include
- Producing a daily analysis and explanation for business unit positions, exposure, and P&L in a timely and accurate manner.
- Preparing a daily reconciliation of physical and financial positions to systems of record and front office control spreadsheets to support reporting accuracy and controls.
- Providing business explanations for the monthly financial results.
- Supporting and maintaining the Company's internal control environment to ensure compliance with all risk policies and trading controls.
- Providing daily exposure information used to calculate and back test VaR.
- Performing regression testing of system upgrades and enhancements.
- Supporting modeling analysis for possible trading scenarios and structured products.
- Providing ad hoc analysis and decision support information for commercial business units.
- Ensuring prices are valid for valuing and marking all open positions to market.
- Legally authorized to work in the job posting country
- Bachelor's degree
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting or Engineering
- Working knowledge of financial products/contracts used in commodity trading and risk management (swaps, options, futures and forwards)
- Public Accounting experience (B4) a plus
- Ability to work with and be part of several different teams in an open trade floor environment
- Ability to juggle tasks in a fast-paced work environment in order to drive consistent process improvement and meet deadlines
- Keen attention to detail
- Organizational skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and handle multiple priorities
- Passion to excel (setting high standards, delivers results)
- Solid oral and written communications skills
Contact: Tim Morrow-713-823-8426