Senior Manager Technical Accounting – FX
- Location: Houston, TX
- Job #: 8341
- Job Type: FA Direct Hire
- Category: Financial Reptg/Analysis
Senior Manager Technical Accounting - FX
Senior Manager for its Global Finance Group to provide financial management oversight and control over foreign currency activities and lead key finance initiatives to drive value within the organization. The position will report to the Global Controller. Knowledge of project accounting, SOX control environment, and SEC external reporting are essential.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead the effort on establishing processes and controls around FX remeasurement and translation accounting across our ERP systems and provide thought leadership on optimizing legal entity, inter-company, and transaction setup to minimize FX exposure.
- Lead the effort on certain topical complex transactional accounting matters by researching topics to identify optimal solutions, identifying pros and cons for available options, appraising the leadership team to get buy-in, implementing the selected solution by working cross-functionally with relevant stakeholders, writing technical accounting memos, working with the SOX team to think through and implement relevant controls, and in parallel, working with the external auditors to support their review.
- Lead the effort on assigned business processes and business structures- with the primary goal of simplicity, impeccable accounting, rigorous oversight of activity (quality control), transparency of process and flow, accountability of outcomes.
- Lead the effort on establishing and harmonizing processes and controls to improve and optimize hedging activities across the portfolio.
- Become the resident subject matter expert on certain complex accounting topics and support the finance leadership and the operating business segments in thinking through complex questions on such topics.
- On an as-needed basis, provide operational accounting support to the business segments. This includes researching the matter, operationalizing the accounting solution, helping the process owner implement the solution, and effective monitoring until proper handover and sign-off is achieved.
- Support the office of the Global Controller in executing the periodic performance reviews of the operating business segments.
- Other special projects as they arise.
- Degree in Finance or Accounting
- CPA or equivalent
- Eight (8+) years of experience with at least five (5) years of big four experience
- Project (Construction) Accounting Experience a plua
- Technical Accounting, SOX, and SEC external reporting experience strongly preferred
- Strong Project Manager skills;
- Strong People Management skills;
- Ability to work with cross-functionally;
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with all levels of management; and
- Excellent written and verbal communication
Contact: Tim Morrow-713-255-0738