Sr Data Scientist
- Location: Houston, TX
- Job #: 8295
- Job Type: IT Direct Hire
- Category: IT - Applications
Our Houston client is looking to bring in a Senior Data Scientist who will be responsible for providing technical support including designing, implementing, and optimizing algorithms for unsupervised and supervised learning on unstructured and structured data.
- Collaborate with other data scientists and cross-functional teams to identify innovation opportunities and possible solutions.
- Work closely with key stakeholders to understand their needs to develop new or improve existing workflows.
- Plan and execute the complete analytics life-cycle for problem solving, including requirements gathering, problem formulation, data grooming, data exploration, model prototyping, model validation, and algorithm productization.
- Review and refine existing data models to continuously deliver state-of-the-art insights in existing products.
- Experience with and deep understanding of various machine learning and data processing techniques.
- Advanced programming skills in Python and R using Machine Learning libraries like sckit-learn, MLLib, TensorFlow etc.
- Expertise with leveraging visualization BI tools, such as Spotfire/Power BI, to build out dynamic dashboards.
- Proficiency with relational databases (SQL scripting) and understanding of NoSQL databases (e.g., MongoDB).
- Preferred PhD or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Statistiscs, Computational Mathematics or related STEM field.
- 5+ years relevant work experience as a Data Scientist or Engineer demonstrating advanced programming skills.
- Working knowledge of the oil and gas industry and terminology is a must.